Damai SoulSpace Wellness Spa and Retreat (“Damai SoulSpace”) is a premier spa and wellness retreat for women in Malaysia. It is a combination of a weight loss camp and wellness retreat that aims to enhance the health of our customers (“residents”), raise their self-confidence and self-image, as well as impart them with positive life skills in a controlled, safe and nurturing environment.
Damai SoulSpace provides a comforting, yet stimulating, atmosphere in which residents will be able to relax both their body and mind as they take control of their weight and make positive lifestyle changes to ensure that weight loss persists long after residents return home.
All the retreats that we offer at Damai SoulSpace will combine the following therapies:
- Lifestyle Therapy (Diet, Physical Activity, Behaviour Therapy)
- Pharmacotherapy (anti-obesity drug)
- Very-Low-Calorie-Diet (VLCD), with supervision
- Rejuvenation Therapy (spa treatments)
All retreats will require residents to stay for a specific duration of time at Damai SoulSpace.
The general goals for the retreats are:
- Achieve weight loss: initial goal to reduce body weight by approximately 10% from baseline. Sustained weight loss should be about 0.5 to 1 kg/week for a period of 6 months, with the subsequent strategy based on the amount of weight lost.
- Maintain lower body weight.
- Prevent further weight gain.
- Treat co-morbidities/underlying causes.
- Promote healthy eating habits and promote physically active lifestyle.
- Manage stress and work-life balance.
- Provide support group and long-distance follow-up program to monitor compliance.
Prior to attending the retreats, residents will be asked to undergo a Health Screening to diagnose and asses their obesity level and health risks. Upon satisfactory completion of the Health Screening and obtaining approval from attending physician, residents will be enrolled in the weight retreat of her choice.
Future services include a Damai SoulSpace spa product line that is pure and natural: no animal testing, and the use of only organic, local ingredients. Other goals for the future is making our kitchen available for rent for nutritional cooking classes, offer retreats for couples and children, and to open Damai SoulSpace chains in other major cities in Malaysia.
Damai SoulSpace is currently in incubation stage. If you would like to be updated on our journey to make Damai SoulSpace a reality and be one of our first residents to enjoy specially designed retreats or to be picked as a tester, please click the Email Subscription tab on the right side bar. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!